Searching for the Lost Scriptures
Here are some additional scriptures to those mentioned in my picture story, and I am quoting from the American King James Version, because apparently it is not copyrighted.
1. Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene. (What scripture?)
2. Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? (Writings of Enoch.)
3. Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. (I wish we had that scripture lesson in our Bibles.)
4. John 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said. (Jesus talked about raising himself from the dead after 3 days. What scripture is that?)
5. Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. (Paul is quoting the words of Jesus from a different Bible.)
6. 1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (What scripture says that Jesus will rise from the dead on the third day? I read that in ‘The ascension of Isaiah, page 522’ from ‘The Other Bible.’ In Psalm 16:10 it says: “For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” But it says nothing about rising from the dead on the third day.)
7. James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? (I looked in my son’s Dake’s Bible, and he said that he doesn’t know what scripture James is talking about.)
8. Revelation 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. (I am curious about those 4 angels. We don’t read anything about that elsewhere in our Bibles.)
Rich man and Lazarus. Luke 16:19-31. Jesus tells the story of the underworld where there are flames on one side, and on the other there is peace. Enoch mentions that in his writings.
John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. (Jesus said these words to Nathanael, but we have no record in our Bibles of Nathanael seeing that.)
In the First Book of Enoch he refers to Jesus as the Son of man about 8 times I think. Once he calls him the Son of a woman. In the Book of Mark, Jesus always refers to himself as the Son of man.
I seem to recall in the writings of Enoch that he uses the word:”Godhead.”
Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. (That is in the writings of Enoch as well.)
Almost 40 years ago I read part of a Third Book of Enoch in a library in North York.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
Luke mentions that many people wrote about Jesus, but we only have two gospels before Luke in our Bibles. I have a fragment of the Gospel of Peter. Then there is also the Gospel of Nicodemus, that I think should be in our Bibles, but it seems like everybody follows Constantine as if he is God himself. There is also a Gospel of Thomas, but it is reported to be Gnostic. One interesting thing is that Thomas said that the sheep that went astray was the biggest sheep. I always thought of it as a little lamb, because when I was a little boy, I saw a beautiful painting of Jesus carrying a little lamb on the side of a rugged mountain. I knew a minister once who went astray, and he turned against me, and left the church. Many years later when I spoke to his first wife, she told me that he had now been married six times. He was a big sheep. Once I knew an evangelist that came against me when I was singing on TV. Many years later I spoke to his first wife, and she was very angry that he had left her. When I last saw him, he had a third wife. He was a big sheep.
Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.
About 25 years ago I was invited to speak at a church, and I read Paul’s letter to the church in Laodicea, which I had in my ancient writings. The next week a man was shouting in my face that I don’t agree with the cannon of scripture. So I guess he is following Constantine, but I am following Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
The Prodigal son
Beginning and ending
Dear friends, I like to base my faith on what is written in the scriptures. I believe that Jesus is the God of beginnings and endings, as he mentions 3 times in the Book of Revelation. I grew up in a church that believed that the Roman idol Janus (January) was the god of beginnings and endings. No offence meant, but I would rather stick with Jesus. I have another website, if you would like to check it out: Country gospel and bible
Rich man and Lazarus
Van Haat to Liefde – Handelinge 9
Two or three witnesses
Believe and Baptized = Saved
Give to Caesar
From Hatred to Love
This story is about the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. Acts chapter 9.
Top Priority – Free online comic
The most important thing in the whole world is to get SAVED. There is only one way to get saved. Jesus said that he is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE. He died on the cross for all our sins. Ask him to forgive your sins and receive him as your SAVIOUR today! This is a free online true story to try and help you. I took this girl to a church meeting many years ago, and her life was changed! May God bless you.
Raw Deal – Free online comic
I made up this story for a competition many years ago, but many people’s lives have been changed by faith in Jesus. I met a drug pusher who was put in solitary confinement for 3 months in prison, and the chaplain gave him a Bible. He read the whole Bible, and God healed his damaged brain. When he got out, he met one of his former customers who testified to him of how she got saved. He then received Jesus as his Saviour, and went to Bible School.
The Gospel of Mark – Free online Bible comics
In some parts of the world you can be tortured, imprisoned or killed for having a Bible. So this is why I made this free online Bible comics website, so that people can look at this without the authorities knowing. Just ask God to forgive your sins and receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour, then get baptized. When I was in Galilee, many years ago, I felt so close to Jesus, and I wanted to try and express that feeling to others. Hence this illustrated version of the Gospel of Mark from the Bible. I have done it in my own version. I look through lots of versions, and sometimes into the Greek Interlinear and Strong’s Concordance, to try and find the right meaning. I am living in North America, so I am using the Great Lakes photos as my Galilee. I hope it is a blessing to you, and draws you closer to Jesus. God bless, DGF.
I have another website that you might find interesting called: ‘Country Gospel and Bible.’
Revelation – Free online Bible comics
If you live in a country where you are forbidden to own a Bible, feel free to visit this website and read what you can without fear of persecution. Receive Jesus as your Saviour, and ask for forgiveness of your sins, then your name will be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life! See you in heaven one day! God bless.
Jude – Free online Bible comics
I only have a few books of the Bible in comic form, but I hope it helps people who are in need of spiritual food. That is why I have made this free online Bible comics page. Remember there is only one way to get to heaven. Receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and ask him to forgive your sins.
I have another website called Country Gospel and Bible.
Weer gebore – Free online Bible comics
Born again – Free online Bible comics
This website is for those people who are not allowed to own a Bible. So they can come secretly here and get some Good News. Jesus came to earth to die on a cross for all our sins. All we have to do is believe in him and ask forgiveness for our sins. That is how we can get saved.
I have another website called: Country Gospel and Bible.